Thursday, August 21, 2008

Manuel B Gamboa Jnr.

From left: Manuel, Caleb and Myself
Well,

I have never really tell people about my feelings when I lost a friend a couple of years back. But well, I am not intending to anyway. Just that I just wanted to remind people what true friendship is all about.

Best of Buddy: Caleb and Manuel at Eco-Xcapade

Many years back, I met a Filipino guys who is a graphic designer. His name is called Manuel Gamboa Jnr. Well, he happens to be a friend of another of my friend and of course we started doing Rock Climbing at Dairy Farm, Safra Bukit Merah together. After which, I did 2 road trip to Krabi Thailand together. Well, our friendship went beyond just road trip and climbing. At about the same time, we lost our jobs and was encouraging one another to keep looking. We started racing Adventure Race together, hanging out with another of our close team mate, Caleb. He is the catalyst, the gel and the motivator in our team. We have loads of fun!
Abseiling down during Eco-Xcapade

Just when we both start our new career, something happen. I was abruptly contact with a sms from Caleb one fine day and he told me Manuel is in a hospital complaining about chest pain. I, of course took it as just another outpatient visit to the A & E. Next thing I know was I got a call in the evening while attending an important meeting that Manuel was in critical condition and by the time I got there, he was gone.

I never quite got the hang of it. But of course, I am to be blame for not being concern enough. Until today, I have never quite got over it and the guilt I guess is still there.
Post Race bike wash

Anyway, as I pen down this, I really would like express my firm friendship to this beloved friend of mine whom went through thick and thin with me when there were self-doubt and pitfalls.

Manuel, this is for you. My beloved friend and buddy forever and ever!


Manuel, We will always remember you!

No comments: