Sunday, August 17, 2008

July Escapade Part 2

From Left: Myself, Panke from Beijing, Ken from Manila, Sabrina from Shanghai, Dip from Nepal (Lunch at Festung Hohen Salzburg)
Well,

This is the part 2 Installment of the July Trip to Europe. Saalfelden in Austria is typically a slow, sleepy town and yes, the very first morning was an early day for me as I woke up at 5am for a very early morning run. Temperature was about 12 degrees or so. Midway through the 5km, my ears felt as if its going to fall off. So much for the run. Silly me! Should have brought myself a beanie or something.

Ken, Myself and Panke before Ken Catch a flight back home

Climbing up to Festung Hohen

The rest of the weeks was typically work and work, meeting and meetings. But over it was fun and of course, I was able to make new friends from Taiwan and meet up with old friends from, Thailand, Japan, Hong Kong, and the Philippines.
Sabrina and Ken on Top of Festung Hohen Salzburg

Of course, we managed to help down to Salzburg, for some interesting trip to the Mozart Museum, the Festung Hohen Salzburg. Its a wonderful experience I must say as this is one of the most extensive European Holiday I have subjected myself to.
Salzburg Airport

Street of Salzburg
Of course, after an One Day Tour of Salzburg, I have to take an overnight train to Frankfurt Hahn Airport where I will take a Flight to Edinburgh for my second half of my European Holiday.
View of Festung Hohen Salzburg

Horse Carriage On Salzburger Street

A Day Before Euro 2008 at Salzburg
as I arrive at Frankfurt International Airport, I was not aware that there is a different in Frankfurt International Airport and Frankfurt Hahn Airport. I was totally freaked out. Good thing my flight is at 9am and I was at Frankfurt International Airport at 5am. After 30 minutes of futile attempt to check in at Frankfurt International Airport with loads of luggage, I decided that its time to ask.
Mozart Geburtshaus (Old residence of Mozart)
I was greeted with a guy whom I believed weighs more than a 100kg at the information counter who does not look very awake and very happy to see a "Yellow Skin Dude" asking him where to check in. Why do I say that? He makes me go around in circles to find a bus stop that I am totally clueless its whereabout.
My Best Buddy Dip from Nepal
Okay, after a another 20 minutes of merry-go-round and a shocker reply from a Lufthansa staff who told me the bus does not goes to Frankfurt Hahn Airport, I finally got on the bus and on my way to the airport. Finally, things are working out. Wrong!
Public Garden in Salzburg
When I finally reach the airport, I decided to check my credit card just to make sure it works as you know I only manage to change a 100 sterling pounds, so I need backups here. To my utter shock, they have terminate my current card and have replace a need matriculated Credit Card where they claim to have sent me 6 months back. I was in utter shock and of course call for a backup plan which eventually didn't work out. So for more stories, stay tune to the next installment.
Top View of Salzburg

No comments: