Thursday, August 2, 2007

Paris Roubaix - Sabah Style


Paris Roubaix (Men's In Tights and Mud)

Call it ridiculous or outrageous but that's just it. Every Cycling Buff would have heard of the ever notorious Paris Roubaix Bike Race where roadies hit this region in France for an one day hit in the muds, cobblestones and whole load of intense weather. That just it!


Hermit After the Ride

I got a taste of this style of cycling recently during one of the bad weather in Sabah, Potholes, muddy roads, cobblestone like road, granite chips road. You name it, Sabah has it and I am really beginning to regret of not bringing my Mountain Bike (Oh! I almost forgot I ain't got a Mountain Bike anymore).


Hermit's Rear Deraileur (Mud Patch)

The result is a whole load of muddy trails on the bike and I must say that Hermit is quite a steed that is able to take hard knocks and I am beginning to love this partner of mine. Of course the dirt and mud that hit my face make it even more interesting in my training.


Hermit's Seat tube in Mud



Shoes In Mud too!

Bottom line, learn to take bumps and be prepare to do the bunny hops and jumps when the hole comes in you face or you will have imprints or the tarmac gradients...Technical Riding 101: Learn to Eat dirt or prepare to bite the dust!

No comments: