Sunday, March 1, 2009

One Dirty Weekend!!!


This weekend has been a much anticipated weekend for me. I must confess that I am very much a dirty person who prefers trail running over road running, mountain biking over road cycling. And this weekend, I dived in to one heck of a dirty weekend! The Eneloop Mountain Bike Carnival bring life to the usually pristine and tamed Tampines mountain bike trail.

The league of few great gentlemen who make the race happen (HM Lim and Max)

Instead of doing one event, I decided to do 2. One is a Sprint Dirty Duathlon comprises of a 2.5km trail run, a 5km Mountain Bike riding, and finished with a 2.5km trail run. The next is the ever illusive 100km MTB Marathon.



I was pretty happy with my morning duathlon attempt. I think I came in top 10 placing or something. The result that I have not achieved for the last few years, due to weight issues and injuries. Happy and contend! Thanks to Eugene Lee from Synergy Multi-sport who send me on a series of running drills and his coaching has definite brought my run back in order.


Picture Taken by Kenneth and Laura (Thanks Guys for the great photo)


Legends in Action, Gary Fisher and Tinker Juarez (Taken by Laura Liong)

Then comes the 100km MTB Marathon, I managed only 2 laps sadly compare to last year due to a very serious cramp and lungs were actually hurting badly. Probably I went out too hard for the first 2 laps as I was only interested to tick some of the riders off the list. But well, with ambition, comes the price of losing the coverted award. Well, have to wait till next year to attempt it. Thanks to Edwin Cheong from Tomac Coalition who supported me with Lights, Food and tonnes of mechanic support. Not forgeting Bryan who sends me home on his trustworthy SUV. And to my Trustworthy Tomac Automatic.


Tinker Juarez and the Father of Mountain Biking, Mr. Gary Fisher at the closing ceremony

1 comment:

Nic* said...

That's because you don't smoke and drink beer, silly.