Wednesday, September 3, 2008

July Escapade Part 3

Enroute to Aviemore, Cairngorms in View (Shang, Our Chief)

Cattle right outside the house in Aviemore - Time was 9.30pm
So much for the credit card saga even though it never resolve until I came back to Singapore. Got on the ever fun and interesting Ryan Air from Frankfurt Hahn to Edinburgh. I was sleeping through the flight due to the whole night of sleeplessness from Salzburg to Frankfurt.
Little Isaac was Camera Shy! Enroute to Aviemore

Our Team Machine (Trustworthy Vauxhall Astra)
After touch down, I was greeted with a Immigration officer who is friendly and nice to welcome me to Edinburgh. Waited for my friend, Shang and his family. we got on the rented car with the outside temperature of 14degree. By this time, I am totally used to the cold and the summer chill. Well, 2nd week in Europe and 2nd trip to Europe, what do you expect right? I was appointed the road navigator from Edinburgh to the highland. AVIEMORE is the place we are heading.
Correy House (our home for the next 5 days) - Picture taken at 9.30pm
The Neighborhood


After fumbling with the map, I finally got the direction right. Scotland is beautiful. The lush greenery, the historical structures with rich stories of the Lords and Kings in ancient times. And of course, Scotch Whiskey Distilleries, Glenfiddich, Glenlivet, Dewars, and many more. By this time, we have hit midway and decided to find a place to stop, have a typical scottish breakfast, and find a washroom to ease ourselves. 2hrs to 3hrs later, we finally reach Aviemore. Visited the administration office and visited some outdoor shops. I love this place, I love outdoor gears and products and I am totally fascinated by the fact that there are at least 5 stores along the span of 1 kilometer.
Kitchen of Correy House
The backyard garden - Taken at 9.30pm

I was introduced to the local grocery place. Singapore has NTUC, Giant, and Cold Storage, USA got Costco and Wal-Mart, Scotland??? TESCO of course. They have virtually everything. From Marinated meat to all kinds of teas, Beers, Ales, Ciders and more. Bought the grocery and hit the house. So much for day 1. For the rest of the trip, stay tuned!

The Interior

No comments: