Sunday, July 15, 2007

Going Sabah...

2 more days and I will be off to the land where I will be hitting altitude and mountains that will break my legs and test my lungs on my trustworthy steed. And guess what, with all this last minute things that comes in place, I am still able to look for an armour for transporting my beloved steed. Presenting the Polaris Bike Pod.

Thanks to the guys (Viki and Louis) at Cycle Craft. We managed to get the Bike Pod in in the nick of time for the 1 month crazy training at Sabah just for the Ironman 70.3 Singapore.

And of course, I have gathered some specification and information which I definitely trust that Polaris, now my accomplice will keep the project on with its protective specification.


# A rigid EVA molded cycle suit case

# EVA (Ethylene Vinyl Acetate) has high impact strength and good tear/abrasion resistance making it an ideal construction method for the Bike Pod

# The Bike Pod is moulded to fit most road, touring and mountain bikes in a secure “locked” in position to reduce damage whilst in transit

# The “Clam Shell” design also enables it to be fully opened for ease of stowing the bike

# The bike wheels lock in position using quick release skewers

# Closed with industrial strength zips and backed up by quick release buckles

# Strong, integrated wheels for ease of carrying

# Conforms to all major airline baggage handling restrictions

# DIMENSIONS: Length 1200mm, Height (tallest)907mm, Depth 280mm

# WEIGHT: Approx 6.7kg

# COLOUR: Black

No comments: